4/7/11

What To Do When iPod Touch Freezes and Got Wet

I was about to listen to my newly added tracks on my iPod, however, when I tried to slide to unlock, it wouldn't do anything. It was frozen and unresponsive, again. This is not the first time that this thing freezes on me. This is actually the third time. It's understandable that my iPod is old, and gets sick at times hehehe, it's only 8GB, 2G. Bah.

I had my ipod fixed by myself before I did a little camwhoring. Hah! Obviously, I just woke up. My eyes! :P


So for new iPod Touch users, hope this helps:

1. Hold down the Home button for at least 5 seconds until the application completely closed down.

(oops, sorry for the unclear photo) :D

2. If that does not do it, try to turn it off and on again. Or press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for at least 5 seconds until it gives you the power off option. If the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.


Apple logo below [edited to add]


3. If you still have no luck, then reset your iPod. By doing that, press and hold the sleep/wake button together with the home button for at least 5 seconds.


Resetting your iPod will do it. It will not delete any files you have stored on the iPod. It just reboots it, so don't panic.

Oh, couldn't find where the Home and Sleep/Wake button is?


Again, I apologize for the poor quality of photos. I used my webcam for these. :D


For wet iPod:

My iPod touch got wet by my cologne in my bag few months back (I know, right?). So when I checked the iPod, it showed a huge white spots on the screen. Good thing now, the white spots are gone.

So, if you accidentally dropped your iPod in water or got wet by any liquid substance, DO NOT TURN IT ON. It will fry the insides of your iPod. Leave it to dry for a few days and turn it on. Also, If it got wet and if it's still on, you have to immediately turn it off and let it dry before turning it back on.

In my case, I put it at the back of my laptop (you know, where the heat comes out) and I got lucky it worked fine. Others put it on top of the TV. :D

Hope those helps!

No comments: