3/26/11

Dalmatian Paw Prints Nail Design

It's a Saturday and since it's raining, I've decided to stay at home. I get bored so easily and I have watched all the movies I downloaded two days ago. And so, I did my nails out of boredom!

This time I created my interpretation of dalmatian paw print. Dalmatian because of its black and white spots. But with my design, I used white and midnight blue. This is my very first attempt, so please bear with me.

This is perfect for the short nails -- 25-30 minute easy design to do at home.
i only used my old nail paints for this art. You can actually use any colors you like. I used ivory white and midnight blue (on my ring finger). They're not as neat as I wanted them to be. :(

So you want to do this? Yes? then scroll down for the 5 easy steps. :)


Left-Right (refer to pic below):
  • Timeless white (I applied one coat only as my base, or you can use platinum white)
  • Ivory white (main color)
  • midnight blue (for paw prints and main color for my ring finger)
  • colorless as your top coat

Sorry blurry photo, lol. I used only my webcam here.

5 Easy Steps:

  1. Apply the base to your fingernails, or you can use platinum white.
  2. apply two coats of ivory white
  3. apply two coats of midnight blue to the ring finger (optional)
  4. make paw prints. - if you don't have the slim brush or nail art pen, you can use a toothpick. dip the toothpick to the nail color and make a circle first (circular motion) and make three of four dots.
  5. apply the clear top coat (a.k.a colorless)
And whallah! you're done. :)

No comments: