8/24/11

Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington in Theaters August 31

I love gays, and I get to have close gay friends everywhere I go. So it's no surprise that I can speak and understand gay lingo. Some of my friends would always say "don't get too close with your gay friends because you speak and act like them." Even my boyfriend noticed and said that to me too. But I don't mind, as long as I'm with them, I'm happy and gay! LOL.

So when I get an invite to watch the advance screening of Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington, I immediately called my two friends to watch the film with me.


They have been holding the advance screening of this indie film nationwide, of course in different shedule.


Director Jade Castro, Martin Escudero, and Kerbie Zamora attended the screening at SM City Iloilo, Cinema 2, August 20, 2011.


We came early and was lucky enough that the queue isn't that long -- consisted mostly of gays and gay girls hehehe. There were straight men too, who were either curious of what the film was all about or perhaps was just plain clueless. So now I completely understand why some straight men were grossed out by some scenes in the film. *grin*

But before the movie started, there was a dance number from zomba dancers. LOL. And a raffle to win Zombadings merchandise. (not in photo)


Synopsis:

Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington was entirely shot in Lucban, Quezon. Remington (Martin Escudero) is a happy-go-lucky young man content at being another tambay along with his tagay-loving comrades. Until the lovely Hannah (Lauren Young), a childhood friend, returns to their small, quiet town. Hannah rebuffs Remington because she finds him lazy and uncouth. Remington starts becoming neater, nicer and more sensitive. While Hannah begins to appreciate what seems a new Remington, his transformation is actually just beginning. He is soon wearing baby tees, swaying his hips while walking, and sensing a strong attraction to his best buddy Jigs (Kerbie Zamora) even as he also feels a strong liking for Hannah.

Around town, curious things are also happening. A serial killer is on the loose and gay men are the target. In Remington's dreams, ghoulish characters are taking over. With the help of Hannah and their friend Jigs, Remington investigates why masked macho dancers are all of a sudden invading his sleep, why he's suddenly fluent in gayspeak, and why gay zombies are roaming the streets.

The movie was topbilled by Martin Escudero (Remington). He is super great. His role is just perfect for him. Below are screencaps.


Roderick Paulete is ever good playing gay roles in a movie, he's always hilarious. I almost died laughing with his lines. not literally, hehe.


Watch the trailer:

Zombadings was hilarious from start to the end. The movie was very different, funny and no dull moments. you'll end up crying in laughter. It's a must-watch film not only for gays but for people who wants to have a good laugh. Lets support anything indie! National Zomba Day is on August 31!

Advance screening photos:

(photo by RED 8 Events & Party Services)






No comments: