6/21/10

Error 619 Globe Tattoo Prepaid - SOLVED!

I was happily browsing the internet yesterday though the connection with Globe Tattoo was so slow here in Pampanga. Well, that's not really new to me since the first time I came here to visit the boyfriend in November 2009. I have been bearing with its slow connection since then up to now - as if I have something to do with it? I used to call Globe customer service hotline but as usual, they always say the same thing - "there is no network issues/problems with the connection in your area", or "please try to power cycle/refresh the application". Duh, as if I haven't done that. The problem is with the network. Silly people.

Anyway, my concern for today is with the Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. I HAD NO INTERNET CONNECTION! I have tried clicking on the Connect button but that error message pops up. I have been getting this error since last night. and so I tried removing and putting back the tattoo USB but to no avail, I was still getting the same error message. So I just went to sleep and hoping that by morning the issue with my connection is gone. But earlier this morning, I tried using the tattoo again but still getting the same error message. I became really disappointed and pissed off because there are a lot of stuff i need to do online. So I thought maybe I needed to check with the Globe Tattoo application. So I actually figured out what's causing Error 619, then I eventually solved the issue!

So let me share how I fixed it with a few screenshots. You will notice on the screenshots that I'm already connected. I'm just performing the troubleshooting flow for you guys to see what i did to get my connection back.

So first, I opened Globe Tattoo application and check with the Connection tab. On the Profile Name it shows Globe Broadband - Postpaid (image below).



So I switched that to Globe Broadband - Prepaid by using the drop down arrow (image below).



Then I went to Tools and select Options (image below).



Under the Options tab, there's General, Text Message, Profile Management and Network. Now choose Profile Management, and again, check the Profile Name. If it's set to Globe Broadband - Postpaid, just change it to Globe Broadband - Prepaid by using the drop down button. Check APN, it must be set to Static, and in the APN box it must be http.globe.com.ph . Also check the Authentication with the Access number that must be set to *99***1# (image below).


When I thought there are no other options to tweak, I clicked OK, removed my Globe Tattoo USB and put it back on and tried connecting to the internet.. and whallah! I have my connection back!

Now, I cannot guarantee that those steps will help you with your Error 619, but it surely worked well with my connection. So please don't blame me. :) and if you have done those steps and it worked fine with you, please drop me a line. I would really appreciate it.

NOTE: this is only for Globe Tattoo PREPAID.

1 comment:

eena said...

thank you. your post was very helpful. I was able to connect again...